2018 Summer Camp registration is now in progress!
Give your child a true summer day camp experience in our beautiful parks, delightful outdoor pools, and wonderful fun-filled facilities. The memories will last a lifetime!
Summer Camp Guide 2018 It’s here!
2018 Participant Medical Information Form Click Here for the PDF
Once you have downloaded the, PDF the Participant Medical Information Form can be filled in onscreen, saved, and printed.
The current issue of the Spectrum Program and Events Guide
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION
- The Summer Day Camp EFT Registration ends April 30, 2018.
- Registration Weekly Deadline: Registration will be taken until the Thursday prior to the first day of camp. Week of registrations will not be accepted.
SAVE THE DATE
- Parent Orientation and Counselor Meet & Greet: Thursday May 31, 6:00–7:30p, Leisure Center Gymnasium
- Summer Kick Off Camp: Monday June 4–Friday June 8, 7:00a–6:00p, Leisure Center
- All Camp Field Day: Wednesday July18, Prairie Lakes
- Midsummer’s End Camp: Monday August 6–Friday August 10, 7:00a–6:00p, Leisure Center or Lake Park
- Summer’s End Camp: Monday August 13–Friday August 17, 7:00a–6:00p, Leisure Center or Lake Park
When School District 62 is in session, our summer programs will not run.
- The Des Plaines Park District Summer Scholarship: Applications are available for download here, at the Administrative & Leisure Center or Prairie Lakes Community Center during business hours, or by calling: 847-391-5700
- The Des Plaines Friends of the Park Scholarship: Applications are available for download on their website: www.DesPlainesFriendsOfTheParks.org
- Application Process for scholarships begin on February 12, 2018 and close when all funds have been distributed to Des Plaines Residents.
- Completed Applications can be turned into the Administrative & Leisure Center or Prairie Lakes Community Center.
Questions about Summer Day Camps?
For Creative Corners Preschool Camp, Spanish Immersion Summer Camp, Summer Lunch Bunch, Camp Sunshine, Camp Discovery, West Park, Arndt Park, Camp Chickagami, Camp Opeka, Adventure Camp, Summer Kick-Off, Midsummer’s End, and Summer’s End Camps, and Camp Swimming Lessons:
Contact Jeanette Berard, 847-391-5700, or Jeanette.Berard@DPParks.org
Questions about Dance & Arts Camps?
Contact Nancy Suwalski, 847-391-5711, or nancys@DPParks.org
Questions about Golf Camps and Sailing Camps?
Contact Tyler Fuchs, 847-803-GOLF, or Tyler.Fuchs@DPParks.org
Questions about Sports Xplosion Camps?
Contact Joshua Cantres, 847-391-5711, or jc@DPParks.org
Camp Director Site Phones
Available June 11–August 3
|Sunshine||847-391-5700 x 2003|
|Dance & Arts||847-391-5711|
|Golf / Sailing||847-391-5744|
Summer Camp Information Packets
For Camp Sunshine, Camp Discovery, West Park, Arndt Park, Camp Chickagami, Camp Opeka, and Adventure Camp
Individual information packets and event calendars for our summer camps are available as PDFs
- Day Camp Master Schedule: Click Here
- Day Camp Daily Schedule: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
- Day Camp Field Trip Schedule: Field Trip Calendar 2018
- Day Camp Field Trip Locations: Locations 2018
- Pool Swim Schedule: Iroquois Pool Chippewa Pool
|Camp Name||Handbook||Calendars||Field Trips|
|Camp Sunshine||Parent Guide||Due May 30 2018||Swim Lessons T/TH|
|Camp Discovery||Parent Guide||Due May 30 2018||Swim Lessons T/TH|
|Arndt Park Camp||Parent Guide||Due May 30 2018||Swimming T/TH|
|West Park Camp||Parent Guide||Due May 30 2018||Swimming T/TH|
|Camp Opeka||Parent Guide||Due May 30 2018||Field Trip Calendar 2018|
|Camp Chickagami||Parent Guide||Due May 30 2018||Field Trip Calendar 2018|
|Adventure Camp||Parent Guide||Due May 30 2018||Field Trip Calendar 2018|
4-6 yrs old
7-12 yrs old
See Master Schedule Above
Daily Activities will be posted outside of the camp room
Dance & Arts Camps Information Packets
Golf Camps or Sailing Camps Information Packets
Sports Xplosion Camp Information
2018 Sports Xplosion Parent Handbook (PDF)
Sports Xplosion Camp Field Trip Schedule (PDF) Field Trip Website