Register now for a summer of fun!
Give your child a true summer day camp experience in our beautiful parks, delightful outdoor pools, and wonderful fun-filled facilities. The memories will last a lifetime!
Summer Camp Guide 2018 It’s here!
2018 Participant Medical Information Form Download a PDF of the form
Once you have downloaded the PDF, the form can be filled in onscreen, saved, and printed.
IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Registration Weekly Deadline: Registration will be taken until the Thursday prior to the first day of camp. Week-of registrations will not be accepted.
SAVE THE DATE
- All Camp Field Day: Wednesday, July18. At Prairie Lakes.
- Midsummer’s End Camp: Monday, August 6–Friday August 10, 7:00a–6:00p. At the Leisure Center or Lake Park.
- Summer’s End Camp: Monday, August 13–Friday August 17, 7:00a–6:00p. At the Leisure Center or Lake Park.
When School District 62 is in session, our summer programs will not run.
- Des Plaines Park District Summer Scholarships
Applications are available for download here, at the Administrative & Leisure Center or the Prairie Lakes Community Center during business hours, or by calling: 847-391-5700
- Des Plaines Friends of the Park Scholarships
Applications are available for download on their website: www.DesPlainesFriendsOfTheParks.org
- The application process for scholarships begins on February 12, 2018 and closes when all funds have been distributed to Des Plaines residents.
- Completed applications can be turned in at the Administrative & Leisure Center or the Prairie Lakes Community Center.
Questions about Summer Day Camps?
For Creative Corners Preschool Camp, Spanish Immersion Summer Camp, Summer Lunch Bunch, Camp Sunshine, Camp Discovery, West Park, Arndt Park, Camp Chickagami, Camp Opeka, Adventure Camp, Summer Kick-Off, Midsummer’s End, and Summer’s End Camps, and Camp Swimming Lessons:
Contact Jeanette Berard, 847-391-5700, or Jeanette.Berard@DPParks.org
Questions about Dance & Arts Camps?
Contact Nancy Suwalski, 847-391-5711, or nancys@DPParks.org
Questions about Golf Camps and Sailing Camps?
Contact Tyler Fuchs, 847-803-GOLF, or Tyler.Fuchs@DPParks.org
Questions about Sports Xplosion Camps?
Contact Joshua Cantres, 847-391-5711, or jc@DPParks.org
Camp Director Site Phones
Available June 11–August 3, Monday-Friday 7:00a-6:00p
|Sunshine||847-391-5700 x 2003
|Dance & Arts||847-391-5711|
|Golf and Sailing||847-391-5744|
Rainout Line Summer Directions
Stay up to date on weather related information!
Summer Camp Information Packets
For Camp Sunshine, Camp Discovery, West Park, Arndt Park, Camp Chickagami, Camp Opeka, and Adventure Camp.
Individual information packets and event calendars for our summer camps are available as PDFs.
- Day Camp Master Schedule: Click Here
- Day Camp Daily Schedule: Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
- Day Camp Field Trip Schedule: Field Trip Calendar 2018
- Day Camp Field Trip Locations: Locations 2018
- Pool Swim Schedule: Iroquois Pool Chippewa Pool
|Camp Name||Handbook||Calendars||Field Trips|
|Camp Sunshine||Parent Guide||Calendars 2018||Swim Lessons T/TH|
|Camp Discovery||Parent Guide||Calendars 2018||Swim Lessons T/TH|
|Arndt Park Camp||Parent Guide||Calendars 2018||Swimming T/TH|
|West Park Camp||Parent Guide||Calendars 2018||Swimming T/TH|
|Camp Opeka||Parent Guide||Calendars 2018||Field Trip Calendar 2018|
|Camp Chickagami||Parent Guide||Calendars 2018||Field Trip Calendar 2018|
|Adventure Camp||Parent Guide||Calendars 2018||Field Trip Calendar 2018|
5-6 yrs old
7-12 yrs old
See Master Schedule Above
Daily Activities will be posted outside of the camp room
Sports Xplosion Camp Information
2018 Sports Xplosion Parent Handbook PDF
Sports Xplosion Camp Field Trip Schedule PDF Field Trip Website