Monday, May 30: Closed
Monday, July 4: Closed
Health Club Daily Fee
Resident, $9 • Non-resident, $12
For information about the Health Club, please call 847-391-5700.
For more about the Administrative & Leisure Center, including seasonal facility hours, CLICK HERE.
Map & directions
- Resident: Anyone 14 years of age or older who lives or works in Des Plaines. Individuals under 18 must have a signed waiver from a parent.
- Teen: 14- and 15-year-olds can use the Health Club provided they have completed a one-on-one orientation for parent and teen, and a signed waiver on file. An adult must be present during work outs.
- Senior: 60 years of age or older enjoys the discounted senior rate
Download a PDF: The Health Club at the Leisure Center Membership Form
– Fitness Membership Benefits –
Annual Member: 50% Discount on Group Fitness & Cycling Classes and a 25% Discount on Fitness Assessments & Personal Training.
Monthly Member: 25% Discount on Group Fitness and Cycling classes.
All Health Club memberships include:
• $2 off the Daily Fee at Prairie Lakes Fitness Center, Open Gym, and Racquetball Courts.
• Member Discount for the Babysitting Center at Prairie Lakes
We proudly offer Tivity Health™ SilverSneakers® and Prime® Fitness, and Renew Active™ Memberships. Ask about them.
Veterans: Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies was developed just for you. For information, please call 847-391-5711.
Prairie Lakes Fitness Center Memberships website
– Payment Options –
• For Annual or Monthly Memberships, pay in full at the time of sign up.
• For Annual Memberships only, sign up for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). The monthly payments will be deducted from your account (debit or credit card) on the 15th of each month (or the next business day).
Health Club Equipment & Features
New equipment (2022) NuStep: A Total-Body Workout Machine For All Ages, Fitness Levels. They’re coveted by a wide variety of users: Those who are healthy and fit, overweight, living with mobility challenges, or rehabilitating after a joint replacement, surgery, cardiac event or stroke. Each NuStep simulates the motion of walking.
The low impact, high intensity workout that the NuStep provides, also comes with many multiple health benefits such as neural coupling, blood pressure regulation, and more strength and mobility.
- New! NuStep Recumbent Elliptical
- Life Fitness Treadmill
- Abdominal Bench
- Cybex Treadmill
- Free Weight System
- HOIST® Multi-gym: for upper/ lower body workouts
- Precor® Elliptical Cross Trainers (3)
- Precor® Recumbent Bike
- Precor® Treadmills (2)
- Precor® Upright Bike
- Fan Bike
- TAG Fitness Cable Cross Machine
- TAG Fitness Incline/Decline Benches (2)
- TAG Fitness Accessories Unit, including: 6 Medicine Balls, 3 Exercise Balls, 4 Yoga Mats, TRX® Bands, Bosu® Balance Trainer, Exercise Bands, Foam Rollers, Kettlebells
- 43” Samsung TVs (2)
Health Club Features
- Coed weight room
- Coed whirlpool
- Private saunas
- Men & Women’s Locker Rooms and Showers
- Leisure Center Gymnasium is included
After your full-body workout, you’ll be able to sit back, relax, and enjoy our separate men’s and women’s saunas, and the coed whirlpool. Stop by the Leisure Center, take a tour, and find out more!
Personal Training is available. Information is in the current Spectrum Program & Events Guide, and online.
Please call 847-391-5711 for details.