Des Plaines Park District
Warriors Swim Team
For everyone ages 6–18
On your mark… Get set… Take your place on the Conference-Winning Warriors Swim Team!
NISC 2022 B Division Champions • NISC 2019 C Division Champions • NISC 2018 D Division Champions
We welcome both competitive and recreational swimmers who love the sport—and love being good at it too! Our program emphasizes learning competition skills, enjoying the sport, and promoting a lifelong participation in swimming. We practice in the 8-lane, 25-yard competitive pool at the beautiful new Prairie Lakes Aquatic Center. Questions about the program? Contact Aquatic Manager Matt.Harnett@DPParks.org or Head Coach Brian Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Aquatic Center direct line is 847-390-4949.
For more information about the Swim Team, including Coaches, Practice and Meet Schedules, Team Records, Photos, and more, visit Des Plaines Warriors Swim Team.
Warriors Swim Team
This semi-competitive swimming program puts emphasis on learning competition skills, enjoying the sport, and promoting a lifelong participation in swimming. Our team allows for those with little or no team experience to learn the strokes of competitive swimming. The program builds skill and endurance during daily practice sessions held at Chippewa Pool and Prairie Lakes Aquatic Center. The Des Plaines Warriors are ONE team organized into THREE Practice Groups:
Practice times will vary for each age group
- Yellow Group (Age 8 & Under)
- NIWSC Age-Up date 12/1/2022
- Comfortable & Independent in deep water
- Swim Freestyle & Backstroke >25yds
- Recommended: Know the basics of Breaststroke and Butterfly strokes
- 1 hour practices 2 days a week; practice schedule will be provided prior to start of season.
- Green Group (Intermediate/Ages 9–12)
- Swim Freestyle & Backstroke >50 yards
- Basics of Breaststroke and Butterfly
- Basics of diving & flip turns
- Recommended: pass level 6 in swim lessons
- 1.75 hour practices 2 days a week; practice schedule will be provided prior to start of season.
- Blue Group (Advanced/Ages 9–18)
- Swim >50 yards of Freestyle, Backstroke, Breaststroke, and Butterfly
- Basics of Diving and Flip Turns
- Recommended: Past swim team experience.
- 1.5 hour practices 3 days a week; practice schedule will be provided prior to start of season.
Interested in trying out, please complete this survey https://bit.ly/dpwssurvey
NISC Division A Championship Meet Results
In our first-ever Division A Championship, we earned 3rd place, putting us in the top half of the entire division. We are so incredibly proud of our swimmers who participated. If you looked around, you may have noticed a few swimmers not in attendance. We had quite a few injured, ill, or on vacation, and the fact that we competed the way we did was so impressive! Congrats to all the first-timers, and special thanks to our coaches and volunteers for putting in so much time and energy under the sun to make this meet a success.
7.26.2023 Meet Results:
2. Arlington Heights–1600.5
3. Des Plaines–1329
5. Buffalo Grove–870
Overall as a team, we had 49 Personal Records, earned by 38 swimmers (not including Relays):
3 PR: Wesley H.
2 PRs: Jimmy B., Mamata B., Aiden G., Grady H., Santiago N., Veronika P., Danielle V., Linda W., and Devan Y.
1 PR: Adam A., Adrian A., Max B., Yuriana C., Kinnlee D., Giuseppe DC., Mikko E., Isaiah G., Noelle G., Kalina G., Lance H., Deidra J., Reed J., Riah K., Robert L., Allison L., Sophia L., Joike M., Dakota T., Meili M., Jeffery M., Szymon N., Amelia P., Kaya P., Zinedine R., Katie S., Olga S., and Maja S.
1 New All-Time Team Record
Kaya P. – Girls 9-10, 50 Yard Backstroke, 0:43.46 seconds