Garden Plots are Open!
GARDEN PLOT BASICS
• Plots are at 649 S. Westgate Road, one block north of Dempster Street, adjacent to Terrace Elementary School.
• Each plot is 20’ x 20’.
• The plots will be open and ready for planting on May 2, 2022.
• The opening date is always dependent on the weather.
• Please continue to comply with the posted social distancing regulations.
Map and directions to the Garden Plots.
Registration question? Please call 847-391-5700
In-season plot maintenance question? Please call 847-391-5744 (Oakwood Maintenance Facility, 1300 Oakwood Avenue)
Garden Plot Registration for 2022
• Registrations are only taken in-person at the Leisure Center, 2222 Birch Street. Map & directions to the Leisure Center
• Des Plaines residents must also provide proof of residency (e.g.: a utility bill), in order to get resident rates.
• A maximum of two plots is available to any one household.
Be sure to complete the following in order to register
Click and download a PDF, or fill them out at the Leisure Center.
• Garden Plot Registration Form 2022
• 2022 Garden Plot Rules & Regulations
• Bring a Photo ID. Des Plaines residents must show proof of residency (e.g., a current utilities bill).
Registration for Returning Renters
Monday, January 10–Friday, February 11
Residents who would like a new (different) plot site can register Monday, February 14–Friday, February 25.
Registration for New Residents
Monday, February 28–Friday, March 11
Registration for Non-residents
Monday, March 14
2022 Garden Plot Rental Fees
Per plot: Resident: $55 • Non-resident: $65
Senior discount: We’re pleased to offer a plots at half price to gardeners 60 years and older.