2022 Garden Plots Close for the season October 30! Please clear out and harvest your plot. Our parks department will be removing crop debris, stakes and plowing the remaining refuse into the soil October 31st. Thank you!
2023 GARDEN PLOT BASICS
• Plots are at 649 S. Westgate Road, one block north of Dempster Street, adjacent to Terrace Elementary School.
• Each plot is 20’ x 20’.
• The plots will be open and ready for planting on May 1, 2023.
• The opening date is always dependent on the weather.
• Please continue to comply with the posted social distancing regulations.
Map and directions to the Garden Plots.
Registration question? Please call 847-391-5700
In-season plot maintenance question? Please call 847-391-5744 (Oakwood Maintenance Facility, 1300 Oakwood Avenue)
Garden Plot Registration for 2023
• Registrations are only taken in-person at the Leisure Center, 2222 Birch Street. Map & directions to the Leisure Center
• Des Plaines residents must also provide proof of residency (e.g.: a utility bill), in order to get resident rates.
• A maximum of two plots is available to any one household.
Be sure to complete the following in order to register
Click and download a PDF, or fill them out at the Leisure Center.
•2023 Garden Plot Rules & Regulations
• Bring a Photo ID. Des Plaines residents must show proof of residency (e.g., a current utilities bill).
Registration for Returning Renters
Monday, January 9–Friday, February 10
Residents who would like a new (different) plot site can register Monday, February 13–Friday, February 24.
Registration for New Residents
Monday, February 27–Friday, March 10
Registration for Non-residents
Monday, March 13
2022 Garden Plot Rental Fees
Per plot: Resident: $55 • Non-resident: $65
Senior discount: We’re pleased to offer a plots at half price to gardeners 60 years and older.