Opening Saturday, May 27, 2023
• CLICK HERE for Hours and Fees
Outdoor pool and weather updates are posted on the DPParks mobile app.
Chippewa pool has a zero-depth entry into the shallow end, where there are geysers, a Fumbling Five, and a tot slide for swimmers under 48″ tall. In the deep end of the leisure pool there is a drop slide for swimmers over 48″ tall and a three-meter diving board. On the deck, there is a large shade structure and an umbrella. The pool has an ADA lift for those who have trouble entering or leaving the water. Concessions are available at the admissions booth. Soda and water, healthy snacks, and ice cream are available for purchase. All food must be enjoyed in the covered picnic area. Free life jackets are available for use, poolside.
Chippewa Pool is available for Saturday and Sunday evening Private Rentals from 6:30 to 8:30p. Rental Form
Map and directions to Chippewa Pool
Important Information About Weather Related Pool Openings and Closings
• Weather-driven changes to the daily opening and closing times for all outdoor pools are always at the discretion of the pool manager.
• Check the DPParks app, under Conditions, to see the current open/closed status. Download the app here.
• To help determine changes to outdoor pool openings and closings when the weather is cool or inclement, park district and pool staff use local apps including Weather.com, Weather Bug, and Weather Underground.
• For the safety of our guests and staff, we temporarily close an outdoor pool when the ThorGuard Lightening Detection System sounds a warning, or when thunder is heard, or when lightning is spotted. Weather conditions are then reevaluated every 45–60 minutes. We open again as soon as the pool manager determines that it is safe to do so. We do not issue rain checks.
• We typically close an outdoor pool early when there are fewer than 20 swimmers present at Chippewa or Iroquois for an hour, or fewer than 50 swimmers present at Mystic Waters for an hour. We also close when the temperature drops below 70 degrees and is projected to remain below 70 degrees for the rest of the day.
• If the temperature is near 70 degrees at opening time, an outdoor pool opens for one hour so the pool manager can determine attendance and assess the forecast.