For our Prairie Lakes Fitness Center,
Indoor Track, and Gym & Courts Members
Until further notice, a reservation is required
to use the facilities.
• Reservations for the Fitness Center, Open Gym, Indoor Track, and the Racquetball Court are all taken online.
• All reservations are for 1 hour, with 15 minutes between each start time.
Become a Fitness Center Member!
CLICK HERE to download a PDF of the Membership Form.
Members should reserve their times online.
If you have not used the Signup Genius site before, the process is quick and easy.
Click a button, then select your day and time.
Questions? You can always call us at 847-391-5711.
Capacities listed are per the most current guidelines in Phase 4.
• Fitness Center capacity per reservation time is 25 people
• Indoor Track capacity per reservation time is 25 people
• Gymnasium capacity per reservation time is 25 people.
Note that gym reservation times may be limited during park district sports programs.
• Racquetball/Wallyball Court capacity per reservation time is 6.
Monday, May 31, 7:00–noon
Sunday, July 4, 7:00a–noon
Monday, July 5, 5:30a–8:00p
Monday, September 6, 7:00a–noon
Reserve your Prairie Lakes Fitness Center times.
Check available times for April 12–18
Check available times for April 19–25.
Reservations for April 26–May 2 open at 8:30a on April 19.
Reservations for May 2–May 9 open at 8:30a on April 26.
Wait for it…
Reserve your Open Gym times at Prairie Lakes.
Check available times for April 12–18.
Check available times for April 19–25.
Reservations for April 26–May 2 open at 8:30 on April 19.
Reservations for May 3–May 9 open at 8:30 on April 26.
Wait for it…
Updated February 2
We’re all looking forward to providing more classes in Phase 4, and in spring and summer when IDPH guidelines should allow for increased facility capacities.
For all Fitness Center, Open Gym, Indoor Track, and Racquetball Court :
1) Reservations remain 1 hour, with 15 minutes between times for cleaning and disinfecting.
2) Your 1 hour reservation time includes the time you need to prepare for swimming or working out, and the time you need to get ready to leave the buildings when you’ve finished your swim or your workout.
Fitness Center, Gym & Courts, and Indoor Track members should reserve their times online. For those who have not used the Signup Genius site before, the process is simple. Details, and a Click Here To Reserve button are on this page (above). If you have questions, you can always call us: 847-391-5711.
• Reservations for each week open on the prior Monday at 8:30a.
In order to accommodate as many members as possible you will be able to reserve up to four time slots per week. Each member must make their own reservations. We look forward to seeing you!
Prairie Lakes Spring 2021 Hours
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00a–4:00p
April 4, Closed.
May 31, 7:00a–noon.
July 4, 7:00a–noon.
For our Prairie Lakes Fitness Center, Indoor Track and Gym & Courts Members
Until further notice, a reservation is required to to use the facility. See reservation information on this page (below).
• Masks must be worn at all times while you are in the facility.
About Membership Adjustments
Memberships that were paid in full will have their expiration date extended by the number of days the facility is closed to the public. Memberships paid monthly via EFT will receive a credit/reduction to their monthly billing amount for the number of days closed to the public since the prior month’s billing cycle.
To Our Program Participants
Our staff is working quickly to post the most current information on the status of classes, programs, and facilities. We appreciate your patience as we receive information on a daily basis.
• Up-to-date information will be posted on this website page. Your program supervisor can be reached via their email address listed HERE, and in the Spectrum Program Guide.
• Be assured that refunds and credits will be provided automatically for all days that the facility was closed.
We continue to monitor IDPH mandates and guidelines, and we post updated information as soon as it is available. Check the park district website for the most complete, up-to-date information about changes to facility and program schedules.
Fitness Center Membership Information.
Read about Personal Training sessions.
Register online for a fitness assessment, and get started!
Fitness class descriptions are always in the current Spectrum Program & Events Guide.
Download a PDF of the Fitness Center Membership and Renewal Form. It includes SilverSneakers®, Prime® Fitness, and Renew Active™.
NEW INDOOR TRACK MEMBERSHIP
Since 1993, our indoor walking track has been available to the public free of charge. In response to fitness member requests, and as part of our continuing efforts to not only stay open but also keep our participants safe during the pandemic, we are instituting several changes for overall access to the track. We appreciate your understanding, we’re happy to answer any questions, and we look forward to seeing you season after season at Prairie Lakes.
ABOUT THE INDOOR TRACK
• The track is now available only to Prairie Lakes Fitness Center Members. This includes all annual and monthly members (Prairie Lakes Fitness Pass, Prairie Pass, Gym & Courts Pass), and all SiverSneakers®, Prime® Fitness, and Renew Active™ members.
• A new Track Only Membership is available. It’s a prepaid annual membership, and the cost for residents is $25. That’s right. If you walk just once a week, that’s 50¢ per walk. And if you walk every day? Well, you can do the math. There is a substantial senior discount.
Why the changes?
1) Safety. We are limiting access to the facility to members, which helps us follow IDPH Guidelines for occupancy. Members will now swipe in, which is how we can control how many people are using the track.
2) The nominal Track Only Membership fee will help offset the additional cost of cleaning and disinfecting that we’ve been incurring this year, along with the costs of the new card readers on the doors and additional staff to monitor capacity. We think that having a safe, well-maintained indoor track is worth it.
Indoor Track Membership
R: $25/NR: 31.25
Seniors: R: $18/NR: 28
Available at the Prairie Lakes front desk.
NOTE: Indoor Track Membership Rates increase on May 1.
R: $27.50/NR: 37.50
Seniors: R: $19.80/NR: 32.20
INDOOR TRACK RULES
• A fitness membership or track membership is required to use the track.