For our Prairie Lakes Fitness Center,
Indoor Track, and Gym & Courts Members
Until further notice, a reservation is required to to use the facility.
Fitness Center members should reserve workout times online.
If you have not used the Signup Genius site before, the process is quick and easy.
Click a button, then select your day and time.
Questions? You can always call us at 847-391-5711.
Check available times for January 18–24.
Check available times for January 25–31.
Reservations for February 1–7 open at 8:30a Monday, January 25.
Wait for it…
Posted December 21
Updated January 2
Due to the overwhelming response for reservations at the Fitness Center and the Aquatic Center during the Tier 3 Mitigations, we have changed the schedules to open more times for our members. With slight alterations to the times, and with your help, we can provide an additional 192 reservations each week for the Fitness Center, and 120 reservations each week for the Aquatic Center. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we look forward to providing more recreational opportunities for all of you in 2021.
The reservation schedule for the Health Club at the Leisure Center is not changing.
• Call 847-391-5700, M-F, 8:30a–5:30p to reserve.
Please note two important changes for all reservations:
1) The time between reservations has been reduced from 30 minutes to 15 minutes. We can accomplish the required cleaning in that time.
2) Your 1 hour reservation time must now include the time you need to prepare for swimming or working out, and the time you need to get ready to leave the buildings when you’ve finished your swim or your workout.
We understand that this will reduce your overall time by a few minutes. We hope the benefit to your fellow members outweighs this inconvenience. We’re all looking forward to spring and summer when IDPH guidelines should allow for more people in our facilities.
Fitness Center members should reserve their times online. For those who have not used the Signup Genius site before, the process is simple. Details, and a Click Here To Reserve button are on this page (above). If you have questions, you can always call us: 847-391-5711.
• Reservations for January 2–10 are open now.
• Reservations for January 11–17 will open online at 8:30a Monday, January 4.
• Reservations for January 18–24 will open online at 8:30a Monday, January 11.
In order to accommodate as many members as possible in the new schedule, please note that you will be able to reserve up to four time slots per week. Each member must make their own reservations. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Donald Miletic, CPRP
Des Plaines Park District
Prairie Lakes Winter 2020-2021 Hours
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00a–4:00p
December 24, 5:30a–noon. Last reservation time is 10:00–11:00a.
December 25–January 1, Closed
Beginning January 2, regular winter hours.
For our Prairie Lakes Fitness Center, Indoor Track and Gym & Courts Members
Until further notice, a reservation is required to to use the facility. See reservation information on this page (below).
• Fitness Center locker rooms are closed. Please come ready to work out.
• Masks must be worn at all times while you are in the facility.
About Membership Adjustments
Memberships that were paid in full will have their expiration date extended by the number of days the facility is closed to the public. Memberships paid monthly via EFT will receive a credit/reduction to their monthly billing amount for the number of days closed to the public since the prior month’s billing cycle.
To Our Program Participants
Our staff is working quickly to post the most current information on the status of classes, programs, and facilities. We appreciate your patience as we receive information on a daily basis.
• Up-to-date information will be posted on this website page. Your program supervisor can be reached via their email address listed HERE, and in the Spectrum Program Guide.
• Be assured that refunds and credits will be provided automatically for all days that the facility has been closed.
• Changes to the schedules will be made for:
Fitness classes website
Prairie Lakes Swim School website
Aqua Fitness classes website
We continue to monitor the Tier 2 mandates and guidelines,
and will post information about the safe reopening of facilities and programs as soon as it is available.
. . . . . .
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FACILITY RESERVATIONS
• Advance reservations are required to use the facilities.
• Reservation are taken online.
• No walk-ins. We recommend making your reservation at least one day before.
• All reservations are for 1 hour, with 15 minutes between each start time.
For Prairie Lakes Fitness Center, Indoor Track and Gym & Courts reservations call 847-391-5711.
Monday-Friday, 5:30a-8:00p • Saturday and Sunday, 8:00a-4:00p.
• Fitness Center capacity per reservation time is 16 people during each reservation time
• Indoor Track capacity per reservation time is 15 people during each reservation time
• Gymnasium capacity per reservation time is 12 people during each reservation time
. . . . . .
Remember to check the park district website for the most complete,
up-to-date information about changes to facility and program schedules.
. . . . . .
Fitness Center Membership Information.
Read about Personal Training sessions.
Register online for a fitness assessment, and get started!
Fitness class descriptions are always in the current Spectrum Program & Events Guide.
Download a PDF of the Fitness Center Membership and Renewal Form. It includes SilverSneakers®, Prime® Fitness, and Renew Active™.
NEW INDOOR TRACK MEMBERSHIP
Since 1993, our indoor walking track has been available to the public free of charge. In response to fitness member requests, and as part of our continuing efforts to not only stay open but also keep our participants safe during the pandemic, we are instituting several changes for overall access to the track. We appreciate your understanding, we’re happy to answer any questions, and we look forward to seeing you season after season at Prairie Lakes.
ABOUT THE INDOOR TRACK
• The track is now available only to Prairie Lakes Fitness Center Members. This includes all annual and monthly members (Prairie Lakes Fitness Pass, Prairie Pass, Gym & Courts Pass), and all SiverSneakers®, Prime® Fitness, and Renew Active™ members.
• A new Track Only Membership is available. It’s a prepaid annual membership, and the cost for residents is $25. That’s right. If you walk just once a week, that’s 50¢ per walk. And if you walk every day? Well, you can do the math. There is a substantial senior and student discount.
Why the changes?
1) Safety. We are limiting access to the facility to members, which helps us follow IDPH Guidelines for occupancy. Members will now swipe in, which is how we can control how many people are using the track.
2) The nominal Track Only Membership fee will help offset the additional cost of cleaning and disinfecting that we’ve been incurring this year, along with the costs of the new card readers on the doors and additional staff to monitor capacity. We think that having a safe, well-maintained indoor track is worth it.
Indoor Track Membership
R: $25/NR: 31.25
Seniors and students: R: $18/NR: 28
Available at the Prairie Lakes front desk.
INDOOR TRACK RULES
• A fitness membership or track membership is required to use the track.
• Please check in with the Prairie Lakes staff.
• Masks must be worn in the building and on the track, per IDPH Guidelines.
• Single file only. No pairs or groups.
• Capacity: 25 people maximum, during Phase 4-Tier 2 Mitigations
Read the recent Fitness eNewsletters
Fitness Classes at Prairie Lakes
Winter 2021 Classes set to begin the week of February 1st! Read class descriptions and register below.
A wide range of Group and Specialty classes to help you meet your goals. Read class descriptions
- Cardio/Tone, Cardio and Core, Cardio Kickboxing
- Cycling: 9 sessions to choose from
- Easy Does It—Yoga & Balance
- E-Z Impact, aerobics
- Hi/Lo All Around
- Nice ‘N Easy
- Personal Training and Fitness Assessments
- Pilates/Barre Body Fusion
- Pilates Playgrounf Fun
- Restorative Stretch and Meditation
- Simply Sculpt
- Step and Sculpt
- Tai Chi
- 30-minute Power Up
- Total Body Fit
- Total Body HIIT
- Ultimate Lo Robics
- Weight Training
- Yoga: Vinyasa Yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Chair Yoga, Deep Stretching, Gentle Yoga, Hatha Yoga
- Zumba®, Zumba Gold, Zumba Sentao
Our experienced instructors continue to train and receive certifications in a wide range of new fitness classes, including the latest Pilates, Yoga, and Zumba routines.
Prairie Lakes Fitness Center members and daily users can enjoy a full body workout in a well-designed, spacious, positive environment, with high vaulted ceilings and mirrored walls. The center has a Cardio Vision System which includes individual receivers on most of the fitness equipment, so you can listen to programs from your choice of six flat panel TV screens. We also have saunas, a whirlpool, locker rooms and much more. Come in for a tour. We’re always happy to show you around!
Prairie Lakes Fitness Center
Annual and Monthly Memberships
Prairie Lakes Fitness Center Memberships includes discounts on all Group Fitness and Cycling classes, access to members-only lockers and showers, racquetball courts, discounts for the Prairie Lakes Babysitting Center and much more. Information is in the Spectrum. For more info, call anytime or come in for a free tour.
These are the current Prairie Lakes Fitness Center
and Aquatic Center Membership Rates.
Rates will increase on May 1, 2021.
The Fitness Center features a wide variety of specialized equipment. We’re happy to provide an orientation.
- Ab Crunch
- Cardio Equipment
- Ab Crunch
- Airdyne Bicycles
- Precor AMT (2)
- Arc Trainers (2)
- Cybex Recumbent Bike (2)
- Matrix Upright Bikes (2)
- LifeFitness Cross Trainer CLSX (3)
- LifeFitness T9e Treadmill (7)
PreCor Strength Training Equipment (Vitality S-Line)
- Abdominal/Back Extension
- Bicep Curl • Chest Press
- Hip Abduction/Adduction
- Icarian Dip/Chin Assist
- Leg Extension
- Leg Press/Calf Extension
- Multi Press
- Precor Smith Machine: 2.5–45lb plates
- Pulldown/Row • Rear Delt/Pec Fly
- Seated Leg Curl
- Shoulder Press
- Tag Functional Trainer (2)
- Tricep Extension Additional Pieces
- Adjustable Decline Bench
- Dumbbells 5–85 lbs.
- Power Multi-Angle Bench
The Stretch Room
Includes TRX, medicine balls, kettle bells, benches, floor mats, and an exercise rail system.
Here are four very special Fitness Membership programs that we offer.
We’re proud to welcome members of the award-winning Tivity Health™ SilverSneakers® and Prime® Fitness programs.
Both are available to members of participating health plans and employer groups. The SilverSneakers and Prime Fitness programs are a benefit that’s included in more than 65 Medicare health plans, that provides a full membership to the Prairie Lakes Fitness Center. The SilverSneakers and Prime Fitness programs at the park district have an additional benefit: full use of the Fitness Center at Prairie Lakes and the Health Club at the Leisure Center. We’ve made it easier for you to get fit and stay healthy. Check your eligibility today, give us a call, and let’s get started!
We proudly serve Renew Active™ by UnitedHealthcare members.
Renew Active™–available with select UnitedHealthcare Medicare Advantage plans–is a fitness program for body and mind that’s designed around you and your health goals.
The Park District, in conjunction with Maine Niles Association of Special Recreation (MNASR),
is honored to serve our Des Plaines injured veterans through the Healthy Minds Healthy Bodies program.
Prairie Lakes Fitness Center
We offer one-on-one personal fitness assessments and sessions with highly trained, dedicated instructors who can create an exercise regime tailored to your specific needs. Designed around your schedule, these one-hour sessions will improve your level of fitness and your overall well-being. Personalized Training Sessions can also be taken with a partner. Read more about Personal Training.
Complete information is always in the current issue of the Spectrum Program Guide, or you can call and talk with a trainer about the program at Prairie Lakes: 847-391-5711.
The indoor walking/jogging track is free! Walk in comfort year-round.
We also have half-mile and three-quarter mile outdoor walking/jogging tracks.
Our friendly, knowledgeable staff can help you reach your fitness goals.
Questions? Please call 847-391-5711.
We’re open early and late, to fit your workout schedule!
Complete seasonal Prairie Lakes Fitness Center information, including classes and memberships, is in the Spectrum Program Guide.