Monday, September 13, 2021–Friday, May 20, 2022
We have a variety of unique preschool classes for ages 2–5.
Children must be 2, 3 or 4 years old by September 1, 2021
Dear Creative Corners families,
We ask that families follow these simple precautions as we head into the 2021-2022 school year:
- Do not attend Creative Corners if you or anyone in your household have come into close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Do not attend Creative Corners if anyone in your household has a confirmed case of COVID-19 or is displaying any symptoms of COVID-19, including: Fever, Cough, Sore Throat, Shortness of Breath, Muscle Aches, Unusual Headaches, Loss of Taste or Smell, and Stomach Pain.
- Do not attend Creative Corners if you or anyone in your household come into close contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Please be sure to take your child’s temperature before coming to class.
- Please continue to monitor your family’s health.
- Inform Elizabeth Quinzio, Recreation Supervisor or Vanessa Torres, Human Resource Coordinator, at 847-391-5700 if any family member tests positive or has had contact with someone who tested positive. The sooner you let us know, the sooner we can begin contact tracing and keep others safe.
Thank you for your cooperation and support.
Creative Corners Preschool
Please Download These Important Documents
The Creative Corners Class Program Guide and the Handbook were created to help you pick the right classes for your student and be well-informed about our preschool programs.
Class Program Guide 2021-2022 PDF
Handbook 2021-2022 PDF
You need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC app to view these PDFs.
Click Here for more information and to download the app.
. . . . . . . . . . . .
- To register online for any of our Preschool Classes, Click Here
- To download and read important Creative Corners documents, Click Here
- To download a Registration Form, Click Here
To take advantage of our Monthly Payment Plan, please register in person at the Leisure Center.
Click Here for Map and directions to the Leisure Center
Questions? Contact Elizabeth.Quinzio@DPParks.org or call 847-391-5700.
Educational Financial Aid Scholarships
Financial Aid Scholarships are available for the full year and for individual Creative Corners Preschool classes.
Scholarships are provided through the Des Plaines Friends of the Parks
Read more about the work that the Friends do for the community on their website.
The Scholarship Application Acceptance Period Has Ended for 2021.
We’ve been helping students learn and grow for more than 40 years!
We offer a variety of classes that provide both flexibility in scheduling and unique curricula designed to maximize your student’s academic achievement.
The Creative Corners Preschool Program provides each student with a quality early childhood experience by creating an atmosphere where students can grow socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually, through an engaging and exploratory curriculum. Our team uses the Illinois Early Learning & Development Standards in their teaching of academic skills to build a strong foundation, achieve benchmarks, and school-readiness.
Classrooms 108 & 110 have SMART Technology available: SMART Boards, SMART Tables and iPads. We continue to add technology features to our classrooms. These tools allow us to incorporate hands-on approach when teaching classroom concepts, and the technology offers more opportunities for your student to grow as a 21st Century Learner.
THE PRESCHOOL CLASSROOM
The preschool classroom is divided into several centers designed to encourage learning through exploration, investigation, and problem solving. In order to effectively stimulate and motivate student’s curiosity, some centers stay constant, while the presentation of others will vary.
Circle time is a group gathering during which we share our ideas, plans, and observations. Circle activities are designed to stimulate youngsters’ thinking, enrich their social skills and expand their attention spans.
Gross-motor activities give students the opportunity to use their muscles—as well as their imaginations—as they engage in fun, healthy exercises, such as running, jumping and climbing. We also plan time for physical activity that encourages play in our gymnasium or interactive playground.
Fine-motor activities help improve small-muscle development and eye-hand coordination. Some common items found in the fine-motor/manipulative area include puzzles, beads and laces, pegboards, crayons and scissors.
Art activities help students creatively express their thoughts and feelings. They help reinforce fine-motor skills and concept development in areas such as colors, shapes and size relationships.
Dramatic-play activities help students express themselves, practice life skills, improve social skills, increase self-esteem, build vocabulary and solve problems. And, well, dramatic play is just plain fun!
Music activities promote students’ listening skills, creative expression, and social skills. In music, students can explore sound, volume, tempo, and rhythm.
Science activities offer students many hands-on opportunities for observation, exploration, investigation, making predictions and experimentation.
Sand and water activities allow students to experiment with textures and the properties of different substances. These activities also promote the development of other skills, such as math, science and language.
Block play gives students experience with many different concepts, such as shape and size discrimination, spatial relationships, number skills, balance, organization, cause and effect, and classification. Cooperative play skills, problem solving, and creativity are also promoted in block play.
Story time is designed to help students develop an appreciation and enjoyment of literature. Reading activities enhance children’s vocabulary and comprehension skills, and also expand their knowledge base
LUNCH BUNCH DAILY EXTENSION PROGRAM
Lunch Bunch is an extended preschool program in the afternoon. It is offered to students between the ages of 3 and 5 years old, who are looking for a semi-structured preschool experience with lunchtime included. Guardians will provide lunch.
Daily 2-hour Lunch Bunch Passes are available for purchase at the front desk for $15.00
- Lunch from noon-12:30p
- Free play 12:30-1:00p
- Specialty activities 1:00–2:00p
Please review the guidelines below.
- Talk to your student about eating the healthy foods first.
- Pack foods that your student enjoys.
- Refrigeration is not available, send a reusable blue ice pack or equivalent when appropriate.
- Pack necessary silverware.
- Please remind students not to share food because of allergies.
- Students are expected to sit facing the table and practice good table manners.
- Students are expected to eat and clean up after themselves before playing.
- Please label lunch boxes.