Map and directions
Unique features of our Swim School include
• The flexibility to start lessons at any time
• Progression at student’s own pace
• The convenience of monthly EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) payments
Swim School Classes
Swim with Me Available as a 5-Class Pass
• Ages 6 months–3 years
• Thursdays: 4:00–4:30p
• Saturdays: 9:00–9:30a; 9:45–10:15a;10:30–11:00a; 11:10–11:40a
• Children must be accompanied by a swimming adult
Adults and children will practice blowing bubbles, front and back floating, and submersion, through songs and games. The focus of this class is on making your child feel comfortable in the water with you, as we introduce them to the fun world of swimming!
Lil’ Swimmers, Available as a perpetual weekly class or a 5 Class Pass
• Ages 3–5
• Your choice of Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays
• Weekday Times: 5:10–5:50p or 6:10–6:40p
• Saturday Times: 9:00–9:40a; 10:40–11:20a; 11:40a–12:20p
• You pick the day and time; we place students with similar skills to create a class of up to 4 students
Lil’ Swimmers Swim School is intended for children who have little or no previous experience and/or are apprehensive in a pool setting. Our curriculum is designed so children gain more confidence in the water as they learn basic swim skills through songs and games.
Big Swimmers & Junior Swimmers, Available as a perpetual weekly class or a 5-Class Pass
• Big Swimmer Ages 5–12. Junior Swimmer Ages 12–17
• Your choice of Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays.
• Weekday Times: 5:10–6:00p or 6:10–7:00p.
• Saturday Times: 10:30–11:20a; 11:30a–12:20p.
• You pick the day and time; we place students with similar skills to create a class of up to 4 students.
This course is designed so swimmers can proceed at their own pace. Starting with floats, they learn level-appropriate skills as they progress. With continued growth, students are taught different strokes, swim techniques, and how to increase their endurance and confidence in the water. It is not uncommon for students to repeat specific skills until they are fully mastered. Ultimately, students will refine their performance of all the strokes, increase their distance, and be ready to join the Park District Warriors Swim Team.
Swim School Pricing & Payments
• Swim with Me, 5 Lesson Pass R: $45/NR: $56
• Lil’ Swimmers R: $34/NR: $42.50 monthly EFT, or 5 Class Pass R: $55/NR: $68.75
• Big Swimmers R: $38/NR: $47.50 monthly EFT, or 5 Class Pass R: $65/NR: $81.25
• Junior Swimmers R: $38/NR: $47.50 monthly EFT, or 5 Class Pass R: $65/NR: $81.25
EFT Payments (Electronic Funds Transfer)
• Registration fee of $25 is due at time of sign up
• Swim School Membership payments are automatically paid on the 15th of each month
• No refunds are issued
Swim School 5 Class Pass Payment
• Full payment is due at time of purchase
• Expires 2 months from date of purchase
• Passes are non-transferable. Each swimmer must have their own pass.
• No refund are issued for unused classes
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Adult Swim Lessons, Available as a 5-Class Pass
• Ages 18+
• Tuesdays, 7:00–7:45p
• Wednesdays, 7:00–7:45p
• Thursdays, 3:40–4:30p
• Saturdays, 9:30–10:20a.
Adult Swim Lessons Fee R: $55/NR: $68.75
Our patient and experienced instructors teach basic swim techniques and strokes, making you feel more comfortable in the water. Your instructor works with you to attain individual goals based on your needs and ability.
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Swim School Registration
Day, Time & Placement
• Select your top 3 choices for a time and day when registering
• After registration, you will be contacted by the Aquatics staff, via phone call, confirming your day, time, and start day
• Students cannot be placed without having made the first payment
• We recommend purchasing memberships between the 16th and the 30th of each month
• Register for Swim School in person at Prairie Lakes Aquatic Center or Prairie Lakes Community Center
• Online registration is not available for these popular classes. Please visit or call the Prairie Lakes Aquatic Center front desk for the most up to date class availability
Download a Swim School Registration Form (PDF)
Make-Up Classes EFT Students
For all class types
• Any requests for make-ups need to be submitted at least 2 hours prior to your missed class
• The Aquatic staff will respond within three business days of when the make-up class can take place
• 12 make-up requests are allowed per year, per family
• All make-up requests must be used within 30 days of the missed class
• A make-up class for a previously scheduled make-up class is not offered, and the session dates cannot be extended