Unique features of our Swim School include:
- Weekly, monthly perpetual classes
- Smaller class sizes than traditional group lessons
- Students progress at their own pace
- Easy to schedule and flexible make-up classes
- On-deck viewing areas with free Wi-Fi
- Family-friendly locker rooms with private changing areas
- Map and directions
Swim School Enrollment & Registration
• Enrollment will open online on Mondays at 8:00 AM. Enrollment will happen once a month on the Monday that falls on the first full week of that month. Please use the link below to see class availability. Once a swimmer is enrolled a parent/guardian must register their swimmer at Prairie Lakes Aquatic Center.
• Spots are available on a first come first served basis. Not all options are available week to week.
The next enrollment date will be on December 4th at 8 AM. Sign up for Swim Lessons here
Spots must be paid for in person at the Prairie Lakes Aquatic Center within 48 hours of signup. Swimmers must be registered 24 hours in advance before their first lesson.
Swim School Pricing & Payments
• Swim with Me, 5-Class Pass R: $45/NR: $56
• Lil’ Swimmers R: $36/NR: $45 monthly EFT, or 5 Class Pass R: $58/NR: $73
• Big and Junior Swimmers R: $40/NR: $50 monthly EFT, or 5 Class Pass R: $70/NR: $85
EFT Payments (Electronic Funds Transfer)
• Registration fee of $25 is due at the time of sign-up
• Swim School Membership payments are automatically paid on the 15th of each month for the cost of the current month
• No refunds are issued. Pricing reflects holiday closures and annual shutdown.
• Allowance of one makeup class a month, to be scheduled on one of the makeup dates offered (September 23rd or September 30th)
Swim School 5-Class Pass Payment
• Full payment is due at the time of purchase
• Use within 8 weeks on the same day and time, preferably 5 consecutive weeks
• No make-up classes
• Each swimmer must have their own pass
• Expires 2 months from the date of purchase. Must be renewed within a week in order to keep the same day and time
• No refunds for unused
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Swim School Classes
Swim with Me Available as a 5-Class Pass
• Ages 6 months–3 years
• Thursdays: 4:00–4:30p
• Saturdays: 9:00–9:30a; 9:45–10:15a;10:30–11:00a; 11:10–11:40a
• Children must be accompanied by a swimming adultAdults and children will practice blowing bubbles, front and back floating, and submersion, through songs and games. The focus of this class is on making your child feel comfortable in the water with you, as we introduce them to the fun world of swimming!
Lil’ Swimmers, Available as a Membership or a 5-Class Pass
• Ages 3–5
• Your choice of Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays
• Weekday Times: 5:10–5:50p or 6:10–6:40p
• Saturday Times: 9:00–9:40a; 10:40–11:20a; 11:40a–12:20p
• You pick the day and time; we place students with similar skills to create a class of up to 5 students
Lil’ Swimmers Swim School is intended for children who have little or no previous experience and/or are apprehensive in a pool setting. Our curriculum is designed so children gain more confidence in the water as they learn basic swim skills through songs and games.
Big Swimmers & Junior Swimmers, Available as a Membership or a 5-Class Pass
• Big Swimmer Ages 5–12. Junior Swimmer Ages 12–17
• Your choice of Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays.
• Weekday Times: 5:10–6:00p or 6:10–7:00p.
• Saturday Times: 10:30–11:20a; 11:30a–12:20p.
• You pick the day and time; we place students with similar skills to create a class of up to 5 students.
This course is designed so swimmers can proceed at their own pace. Starting with floats, they learn level-appropriate skills as they progress. With continued growth, students are taught different strokes, swim techniques, and how to increase their endurance and confidence in the water. It is not uncommon for students to repeat specific skills until they are fully mastered. Ultimately, students will refine their performance of all the strokes, increase their distance, and be ready to join the Park District Warriors Swim Team.
Adult Swim Lessons Available as a 5-Class Pass
• Ages 17+
• Tuesdays, 7:10–7:55p
• Wednesdays, 7:10–7:55p
• Saturdays, 9:30–10:20a
Our patient and experienced instructors teach basic swim techniques and strokes, making you feel more comfortable in the water. Your instructor works with you to attain individual goals based on your needs and ability.
SWIM SCHOOL AT CHIPPEWA POOL, Summers Only
Registration for swim school ends on the Friday prior to each session’s Start date.
Preschool • Ages 3–5
A class designed for children who are new to or just starting to learn basic swimming skills. Classes are taught through songs and games to help students gain more experience and confidence in the water.
Group Lessons for ages 5 and up
Swimmers will be placed in a group based on swim skills the first day of class. Throughout the course, students will learn level-appropriate skills and strokes, while gaining endurance and confidence in the water.
Preschool Lessons Min/max: 3/6
Group Lessons Min/max: 10/20
Classes are held Monday–Thursday.
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3|
|Preschool||R: $70/NR: $84||9:00–9:30a||#167039-1||#167039-2||#167039-3|
|Preschool||R: $70/NR: $84||9:45–10:15a||#167039-4||#167039-5||#167039-6|
|Group Lessons||R: $90/NR: $110||9:00–9:40a||#167031-1||#167031-2||#167031-3|
|Group Lessons||R: $90/NR: $110||9:45–10:25a||#167031-4||#167031-5||#167031-6|
*Session 2: Week 1, 7/5–7/7 and Week 2, 7/10–7/14