Read the complete program details for these Youth Basketball Leagues and sign up online HERE.
Questions? Contact Alessandro Moraca, Athletics Supervisor. Alessandro.Moraca@dpparks.org or 847-391-5711.
Recreational Youth Basketball Leagues
Our Youth Basketball League introduces young players ages 7–11 to basketball fundamentals and the dynamics of playing on a team. Coaches help them develop beginning, intermediate and more advanced skills. Volunteer coaches are needed, please reach out if you are interested.
- Practice starts mid-November. Games start in December
- Practices are held during the week at Prairie Lakes Community Center
- 13 week season.
- Full uniforms are provided
- Games are played on Saturday. Times will be provided by your coach.
Jr. High Winter Travel Basketball
Players will focus on skill development, building endurance, learn sportsmanship and be involved in a competitive fun game setting.
- 10 games plus playoffs, played at Prairie Lakes and other local Park District facilities
- Practice once a week at your middle school
- Uniform shirts provided to all players
- The 2021-2022 season will start mid-December
- Warrior Basketball Summer Camp
- Time: 9a-Noon
- Fee: $90 half Day, $150 Full Day (Includes General Sports Camp 12-3pm)
- Week #1 6/20-6/24
- Week #2 7/11-7/15
- Warrior Shootouts
- 7/23 10:00a-Noon
- 148119-1 Boys
- 148119-2 Girls
- 8/13 12:0p-2:00p
- 148119-3 Boys
- 148119-4 Girls
- 9/10 10:00a-Noon
- 148119-5 Boys
- 148119-6 Girls
- 7/23 10:00a-Noon
- Warrior Pre-Season Prep
- Dates: 8/2-9/20
- 148081-1 boys
- 148081-2 girls
Basketball Elite Skills Clinic
Basketball Elite Skills Clinic offers high intensity workout that incorporates drills including; shooting, dribbling and post moves. If you are looking to improve your game and workout with college level instruction, you will not want to miss this! Register online HERE.