2222 Birch Street
Administrative Office Hours: Monday–Friday: 8:30a–5:00p
847-391-5700 • Fax: 847-391-5707
After Hours: 847-668-6983 (5:00–9:30p Monday–Thursday, and 8:30a–5:00p on Saturdays.)
Staff Contact Information
Map and Directions
The Leisure Center is where you’ll find the offices and administrative staff of the Des Plaines Park District, along with our Creative Corners Preschool, a well equipped Health Club, the Des Plaines School of Dance studios, the Game Zone!, a gymnasium, fitness classes, sports programs for ages 2–10, and special events like our popular Fantastic Fridays, and Leisure Lizards Stay & Play. For more information about the Administrative & Leisure Center, call 847-391-5700, M-F, 8:30a–5:00p.
The Park Board of Commissioners meets here on the third Tuesday of every month, at 7:00pm, in the David L. Markworth Boardroom. The public is always invited to attend. If you have questions about attending and speaking at a Board Meeting, please contact the Board Secretary, Donald Miletic, at 847-391-5700, or dm@DPParks.org
For more information about the Commissioners, Board meeting dates, and links to the Agendas and Minutes for Board meetings Click Here.
PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR INFORMATION
ABOUT HEALTH CLUB RESERVATIONS
WINTER 2020-2021 FACILITY HOURS
Administrative Office Hours
Building and Health Club Hours
Hours and occupancy maximums are subject to change based on IDPH guidelines.
2021 Holiday Hours
Closed on April 4, May 31, July 4, and July 5.
TIER 1 MITIGATIONS
Posted January 23
Updated January 28
We have now moved into Tier 1 Mitigations. Programs, classes and reservations will be changing once again… all for the better!
A complete list of the winter classes that are now available is HERE.
We’re working to expand the recreation opportunities we can offer under the new guidelines.
· Increased capacity and more reservations for Lap swimming, the wellness pool, the Fitness Center, gym, and indoor track.
· Reservations to use the Splash Pad!
· Pickleball courts will open soon in the Prairie Lakes gym. Stay tuned.
· In-person classes: Fitness, Aqua Exercise, Athletics, Dance… and as many more as we possible can.
Please continue to use the Signup Genius website to reserve lap swim lanes, the wellness pool, Fitness Center, gymnasium, and track.
As it becomes available, updated information will be posted on our website pages:
TIER 3 MITIGATIONS
Posted December 21
Updated January 11
Due to the overwhelming response for reservations at the Aquatic Center and Fitness Center during the Tier 3 Mitigations, we have changed the schedules to open more times for our members. With slight alterations to the times, and with your help, we can provide an additional 120 reservations each week for the Aquatic Center, and 192 reservations each week for the Fitness Center. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we look forward to providing more recreational opportunities for all of you in 2021.
The reservation schedule for the Health Club at the Leisure Center is not changing.
• Call 847-391-5700, M-F, 8:30a–5:30p to reserve.
Please note two important changes for all reservations:
1) The time between reservations has been reduced from 30 minutes to 15 minutes. We can accomplish the required cleaning in that time.
2) Your 1 hour reservation time must now include the time you need to prepare for swimming or working out, and the time you need to get ready to leave the buildings when you’ve finished your swim or your workout.
We understand that this will reduce your overall time by a few minutes. We hope the benefit to your fellow members outweighs this inconvenience. We’re all looking forward to spring and summer when IDPH guidelines should allow for more people in our facilities.
Aquatic Center and Fitness Center members should reserve their times online. For those who have not used the Signup Genius site before, the process is simple. Details, and a Click Here To Reserve button are on the Aquatic Center website page and the Fitness Center website page. If you have questions, you can always call us: Aquatics, 847-390-4949, and Fitness, 847-391-5711.
• Reservations open at 8:30a on Monday of the week prior.
In order to accommodate as many members as possible in the new schedule, please note that you will be able to reserve up to four time slots per week. Each member must make their own reservations. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Donald Miletic, CPRP
Des Plaines Park District
About Membership Adjustments
Memberships that were paid in full will have their expiration date extended by the number of days the facility is closed to the public. Memberships paid monthly via EFT will receive a credit/reduction to their monthly billing amount for the number of days closed to the public since the prior month’s billing cycle.
To Our Program Participants
• We continue to monitor the Tier 1 mandates and guidelines, and will post information about the safe reopening of facilities and programs as soon as it is available.
• Up-to-date information will be posted at DPParks.org, on the specific page for a class, program, or facility. Your program supervisor can be reached via their email address listed on the website HERE, and in the Spectrum Program Guide.
• Be assured that refunds and credits will be provided automatically for all days that the facility has been closed.
. . . . . .
HEALTH CLUB RESERVATIONS
For reservations: Please all 847-391-5700 Monday–Friday, 8:30a-5:00p.
• No walk-ins. We recommend making your reservation at least one day before.
• Same-day reservations will be taken if space permits.
• All reservations are for 1 hour, with 15 minutes between each start time.
• Health Club capacity is 5 people during each reservation time
. . . . . .
The Health Club at the Leisure Center
• 8:30–9:30p Monday–Thursday only.
Saturday (The Leisure Center is closed on Sundays)
When you arrive, please call 847-391-5700. (Call 847-668-6983 after 5:00p and on Saturdays).
Your reservation will be confirmed by a staff member.
. . . . . .
Remember to check the park district website for the most complete,
up-to-date information about changes to facility and program schedules.
. . . . . .
Open Gym Hours
Until further notice, during Phase 4 (and Tier 1 Mitigations) there are no open gym hours.
Updated schedules are posted in the facility each month.
Availability is subject to change due to park district programming, rentals and events. It’s always best to call and check the daily schedule. 847-391-5700 (M-F, 8:30a–5:00p) or 847-668-6983 after hours and on weekends.
Open Gym Fees
Adult resident, $4
Adult non-resident, $6
Youth* resident, free before 5:30p M–F
Youth* resident, $3 after 5:30p M–F
Youth* resident, $3, Saturdays and Sundays
Youth* non-resident, $4
*17 and younger.
For Elementary and Middle School students, a parent or adult chaperone must sign in and remain in the building. Valid ID and sign-in is required for all participants.