— The Pool Rules —
The Pool Rules
These simple rules for the competition and lap pool are in place for everyone’s safety.
Break them at your own risk. Yes, we’ll ask you to leave.
SWIM AND PLAY SAFELY!
Map and directions
1. Parents and/or guardians are responsible for supervising their own children. Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies.
2. Patrons should make any special needs known to facility staff. The Pool Rules
3. Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older at all times. Unaccompanied children will be asked to exit the water until their guardian is located.
4. Children who are not toilet-trained shall wear tight fitting rubber or plastic pants, or appropriate swim diapers.
5. Strollers are not allowed inside the facility; car seats are permitted.
6. Smoking, vaping, use of alcohol, and use of drugs are not allowed in the facility. Persons under the influence are not allowed in the facility.
7. Flotation devices including, but not limited to, rafts, kick boards, diving rings, balls, other toys, float belts or vests will not be allowed in the pools except during scheduled times in which they are not allowed in the deep end. Any flotation device used during these times must be approved by the aquatic staff. During all public swim hours, only Coast Guard approved Type 2, Type 3, and Type 5 flotation devices will be permitted, and only in the shallow area with an adult in the water within arm’s reach. A limited number of approved vests are available for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
8. Family Changing Rooms are available for parents with young children of the opposite sex. Children over the age of 6 should use the gender appropriate locker room.
9. Street shoes are not allowed on the pool decks or in the wet areas of the facility.
10. All apparel worn in the pool shall be clean. Swim suits are preferred. Apparel is limited to appropriate, tight-fitting, athletic wear. No cut off shorts or clothing with metal fasteners allowed. Individuals in street clothes will be restricted to designated areas of the facility.
11. Food, drink and coolers are only allowed in the lobby and patio areas. The Pool Rules
12. The Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Lockers are available for use and must be emptied at the end of each day. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own locks. Locks are available for purchase at the Aquatic Center front desk.
13. Admission to the pool shall be refused to all persons having any contagious disease; any infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges; or any other condition that has the appearance of being infectious.
14. Personal conduct within the pool facility must be such that the safety of self and others is not jeopardized. No running or boisterous or rough play.
15. The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
16. Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose or otherwise introducing contaminants into the pool is not permitted.
17. Rules may be added or amended by management as deemed necessary.
Wellness Pool Guidelines