Mystic Waters Hours and Fees
2025 Miner Street Map and Directions
All three outdoor pools are open for regular season hours, without group entry times.
Pool and weather updates are posted on the DPParks mobile app under Conditions.
Mystic Waters Hours & Fees
June 5–August 15
Sunday, July 4, noon–7:00p
August 9–15, noon–7:00p
Post Season Hours
August 16–20, Closed. Chippewa Pool is open 4:00–8:00p
August 21 & 22, noon–7:00p
Dates and times are subject to change without notice based on attendance, weather and staffing.
Updates are posted on the DPParks mobile app.
Daily Admission Fees
• Des Plaines residents: Adults $12 • Seniors and Youth $10
• Non-residents: Adults $15 • Seniors and Youth $13
• Des Plaines Residents must show valid photo ID at time of purchase
• Youth: Ages 17 and younger
• Free admission to all outdoor pools for children 2 years old and younger
• Chippewa and Iroquois Pool entry is included in the Mystic Waters Pool Pass
• Chippewa and Iroquois Pool Pass holders receive $1 off the admission fee at Mystic Waters
• Cooler Fee: $6, for all full size coolers brought into Mystic Waters
• All residents of the City of Des Plaines, regardless of whether or not you live within the boundaries of the park district, pay the resident rate for admission to the pools, and for pool passes.
Twilight Admission Fees (starting at 6:00p)
Des Plaines Residents: Adults $10 • Seniors and Youth $9
Non Residents: Adults $13 • Seniors and Youth $11
Important Information About Weather Related Pool Openings and Closings
• Weather driven changes to the daily opening and closing times for all outdoor pools are always at the discretion of the pool manager.
• Check the DPParks app, under Conditions, to see the current open/closed status. Download the app here.
• To help determine changes to outdoor pool openings and closings when the weather is cool or inclement, park district and pool staff use local apps including Weather.com, Weather Bug, and Weather Underground.
• For the safety of our guests and staff, we temporarily close an outdoor pool when the ThorGuard Lightening Detection System sounds a warning, or when thunder is heard, or when lightening is spotted. Weather conditions are then reevaluated every 45–60 minutes. We open again as soon as the pool manager determines that it is safe to do so. We do not issue rain checks.
• We typically close an outdoor pool early when there are fewer than 20 swimmers present at Chippewa or Iroquois Pool, or fewer than 50 swimmers present at Mystic Waters for an hour. We also close when the temperature drops below 70 degrees and is projected to remain below 70 degrees for the rest of the day.
• If the temperature is near 70 degrees at opening time, an outdoor pool opens for one hour so the pool manager can determine attendance and assess the forecast.
Mystic Waters Hours and Fees