The park district has outdoor tennis courts at six parks around Des Plaines:
Chippewa, Kutchen, Rand, Seminole, West and Willow,
There are six dedicated outdoor pickleball courts at Chippewa Park.
Tennis and pickleball courts are open under strict health and safety regulations.
Please read the guidelines before you come to the courts, so you are prepared to play safely.
• Please be vigilant in preventing the spread of the virus by practicing good hygiene, as recommended by the IDPH and CDC Guidelines.
• Do not enter the courts if you have any symptoms or exposure risks, per the IDPH and CDC Guidelines.
• All spectators and players waiting for a court must remain outside of the fence, and are encouraged to stay in their vehicles until a court becomes available.
• Social distancing must be practiced at all times.
• Before, during and after play, players must maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from other people.
• Players should mark their ball, and handle only their own ball, racket and equipment. Avoid picking up balls with your hand whenever possible.
• Players are encouraged to bring and use hand sanitizer.
• Place your personal items (backpacks, water) at least 6 feet from other player’s items, to avoid any contact.
• Gates to the tennis and pickleball courts will be left open, to prevent surface contact.
• No handshakes, hi-fives, paddle bumps or physical contact between players and spectators.
When you get to the courts, you’ll see these signs