ARNDT AQUATIC & RECREATION CENTER
Rendering as of July 14, 2022
The Des Plaines Park District is proud to announce we were awarded $7M dollars from the Build Illinois Grant Program through the Illinois Department of Natural Resources for expenses for this project. The anticipated total cost of the project is $8.5M. We will be again working with Cordogan Clark & Associates as our architects on this project and look forward to offering this full park renovation to the Des Plaines Community!
- Construction start date October 2022.
- Tentative opening of outdoor pool August 2023, depending on various factors we may see during this upcoming year (supply chain, weather, labor etc)
- The 2023 Arndt Pool Season will run into September weather permitting.
- Iroquois Pool will be closed at the end of the 2022 season. Demolition will be required to return the land back to District 62. This will coincide with the construction of the new pool.
- Admission / Pass options for 2022 Iroquois Pool users will be available for the 2023 season
- Aquatic Center Pool Features: 6 Lane Competition Pool, 2 Diving Boards , stairwell entry, 2′-3′ foot shallow area, 3.6′ – 4.6′ of swim-able water & 5.0′-7.0′ deep water swim, Deck Shade Structures
- Aquatic Center Building Features: Locker Rooms, Family Changing Rooms, Concessions & Eating Area
- Interior & Exterior Renovations to the existing Field House
- Concessions available May- September
- Sport Team Locker Room usage available April-May & September-October
- Walking/ Bicycle Path Loop, ADA Accessible
- 2 Picnic Shelters
- Free Game Court; Basketball, Soccer, Ice Rink (winter months)
- New Playground with ADA Access to equipment
- Parking Lot Expansion
- Outdoor Bathrooms
- Security Lighting
*Did you know that Lake Park will soon be the home of our new Free Splash Pad! This feature will be available early August 2022!
Arndt Park Overall Site Plan