Arndt Aquatic & Recreation Facility
ARNDT PARK POOL & PARK RENOVATIONS
The Des Plaines Park District is proud to announce we were awarded $7M dollars from the Build Illinois Grant Program through the Illinois Department of Natural Resources for expenses for this project. We will be again working with Cordogan Clark & Associates as our architects on this project and look forward to offering this full park renovation to the Des Plaines Community!
- Construction start date began late October 2022.
- Tentative opening of outdoor pool August 2023, depending on various factors we may see during this upcoming year (supply chain, weather, labor etc)
- The 2023 Arndt Pool Season will run into September weather permitting.
- Iroquois Pool was closed at the end of the 2022 season. Demolition will be required to return the land back to District 62. This was completed in April 2023.
- Admission / Pass options for 2022 Iroquois Pool users will be available for the 2023 season
- Arndt Park Pool Features: 6 Lane Competition Pool, 2 Diving Boards , stairwell entry, 2′-3′ foot shallow area, 3.6′ – 4.6′ of swim-able water & 5.0′-7.0′ deep water swim, Deck Shade Structures
- Pool Building Features: Locker Rooms, Family Changing Rooms, Concessions & Eating Area
- Interior & Exterior Renovations to the existing Field House
- Concessions available May- September
- Sport Team Locker Room usage available April-May & September-October
- Walking/ Bicycle Path Loop, ADA Accessible
- 2 Picnic Shelters
- Basketball Court
- Tot Sled Hill
- New Playground with ADA Access to equipment
- Parking Lot Expansion
- Outdoor Bathrooms
- Security Cameras & Lighting
Arndt Park Overall Site Plan