These guidelines are a combination of Des Plaines Park District rules and those required by the Illinois and Cook County Departments of Public Health. They are enforced for the health and safety of the guests and employees of our facilities. All persons who choose to disregard these rules are subject to temporary or permanent ejection. Pass holders may have their pass privileges revoked. All other Des Plaines Park District rules and policies not specifically listed here are also applicable.
Download a PDF of these rules.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for supervising their own children.
Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing safety rules and responding to emergencies.
- Children under 10 years of age must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older at all times.
Unaccompanied children will be asked to exit the water until their guardian is located.
- Per State mandated health regulations, admission to the pool is refused to all persons having any
contagious disease or infection, including, but not limited to diarrhea.
- All persons are encouraged to take a shower before entering the pool area. Bathers who leave the pool
area are encouraged to shower before returning.
- Children who are not toilet trained will be required to wear tightly fitted rubber or plastic pants over
diapers, or approved disposable and reusable swim diapers.
- Spitting, spouting of water, blowing the nose, peeing, pooping or otherwise introducing contaminants or bodily fluids into the pool is not permitted. These are all serious health hazards.
- The pool water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing pool water.
- All apparel worn in the pool shall be clean. Swimsuits are preferred. Apparel is limited to appropriate, tight-fitting, athletic wear. No cut off shorts or clothing with metal fasteners allowed. Individuals in street clothes will be restricted to designated areas of the facilities.
- People in street shoes are not allowed on the pool deck or in the wet areas of the bathhouse.
- Suntan oils should be washed off prior to entering the pool.
- All patrons must obey lifeguards, management and other pool staff.
- Use of foul or inappropriate language, or other acts of belligerence towards staff or other guests, will not be tolerated.
- Running, boisterous or rough play will not be tolerated.
- Use of alcohol, tobacco, e-cigarettes, and vape pens is prohibited at all Des Plaines Park District pools.
- Diving from the pool deck is not permitted.
- Portions of the pools may be closed at the discretion of management.
- Elderly persons, those suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, pregnant women, or persons using prescription medications should consult their physicians before using the water slides, drop slides, diving platforms or diving boards.
- Please be advised that the water slides, drop slides and diving platforms or boards are considered adventure activities and may expose the individual to possible physical injury. In deciding to participate, the individual accepts full responsibility for any injury sustained.
- Flotation devices including, but not limited to, rafts, kick boards, diving rings, balls, other toys, float belts or vests (including those sewn into the swim suit) will not be allowed in the pools during public hours. Only Coast Guard approved Type 2, Type 3 and Type 5 flotation devices will be allowed, and vests are available at each park district aquatic facility, for use on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Individuals with special needs that require the use of wheelchair on deck or approved flotation devices in the water will be accommodated, please make any special needs known to the manager on duty.
- Metal objects, eyeglasses, or jewelry are not permitted on any of the slides. Staff is not responsible for lost or misplaced personal belongings.
- Goggles and face masks are allowed. Fins, snorkel tubes, and mermaid tails are prohibited.
- The use of cell phones, still and/or video cameras is prohibited in all locker rooms and changing areas. Radios, CD/DVD/tape players, cell phones and other electronic devices must be restricted to low volume for personal use. Out of respect for other patrons, please keep cell phone calls brief and quiet. In all cases, headphones are preferred with electronic devices in order to avoid disturbing other patrons.
- Personal lawn furniture is allowed in designated areas.
- Strollers are not allowed inside the facility; car seats are permitted.
- Refunds will not be given for any early closings, including those due to weather.
- Guests may re-enter the facility by obtaining a hand stamp prior to leaving the front gate. Re-entry may be delayed when the facility is at maximum capacity. Do not leave children unattended inside the facility.
- There is an $8 replacement fee for lost or stolen photo IDs. Replacements are available at the Leisure Center, Prairie Lakes Community Center, and Mystic Waters.
- Pets are not allowed in the pool area.
- Food and/or drink and/or coolers are only allowed in specially designated turf areas of Mystic Waters. Food is restricted to the concession area at Chippewa and is not allowed at Iroquois. Staff reserves the right to confiscate all coolers, food, and drink containers not within the designated boundaries.
- Glass containers of any kind are not allowed in the facility.
- Alcohol and drugs are not permitted in the pool. Persons under the influence are not allowed in the facility.
- The Des Plaines Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Rules may be added or amended by management as deemed necessary.