TEMPORARY PARKING AT IROQUOIS POOL
Posted July 1
For the next few days, while Iroquois School resurfaces their parking lots,
please park on Warrior Way, just north of the pool, or in the Leisure Center south lot.
PLEASE RESPECT LOCAL BUSINESSES AND RESIDENTS, AND
DO NOT PARK ON MAPLE AVENUE OR BIRCH STREET.
Chippewa and Iroquois pools are now open for public swim, per the guidelines in Phase 4: Revitalization.
Please read the guidelines on this page before you come to the pool.
Wash your hands. Wear a mask. Social distance. Spread the word, not the virus.
2020 Season Pool Passes
Are On Sale Now!
Purchase or renew your Season Pool Passes online.
Prices have been reduced due to the shortened season.
If you have already purchased your 2020 season pool pass, you will be refunded the difference automatically.
As an added bonus, we will host special ‘Pass-Holder Only’ events throughout the summer!
Click the Registration Button to purchase your pool pass now.
If you are renewing your 2019 pass, follow these steps
1) Click Here and sign in with your Username and Password.
2) Under SEARCH, click Pass Membership Renewal.
Chippewa & Iroquois Passes
Reduced fees, due to the shortened season
|Family of 2||$98.00||$224.00|
|Family of 3||$117.00||$269.00|
|Family of 4||$130.25||$299.00|
|Family of 5||$143.50||$329.00|
|Chippewa Pool 197 N. Eighth Avenue 847-390-4955|
|Seniors & Youth||$6.50||$13.50|
|Iroquois Pool 2324 Maple Street 847-390-4955|
|Adults, Seniors, & Youth||$5.50||$9.00|
Each day will be divided into 3 Open Swim sessions A, B, C (see calendar below). Each session will be available for pool pass holders and daily admissions, first come-first served. Deck chairs will be available at social distance. After each swim session the facility will be closed for one half hour for cleaning. If capacity allows, reentry will be accepted.
OPEN SWIM GUIDELINES
In order to give as many people as possible the opportunity to enjoy our swimming facilities within Phase 4 guidance from the State of Illinois DCEO for Outdoor Recreation, the following guidelines will be in place and enforced for Open Swim times at Chippewa & Iroquois pools. These guidelines may be updated as deemed necessary by the Des Plaines Park District or other governing agency. All other facility rules apply.
Thank you for helping us make this a safe & fun time for everyone by adhering to all of these guidelines.
— GENERAL —
- Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask/face covering while waiting in line, entering/exiting the facility and using the locker room/rest rooms. Masks are encouraged while on deck, but are not required while maintaining 6 feet of distance from other parties or while in the water.
- 6 feet of social distance shall be maintained in all areas of the facility, except for members of the same party.
- Wash hands frequently when not using the pool. Especially after using the restroom, coughing, sneezing.
- Do not enter the facility if you or anyone in your party are experiencing symptoms of illness or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
— ADMISSION —
3 separate swim sessions will be held each day
Group A, noon–2:30p • Group B, 3:00–5:30p • Group C, 6:00–8:30p
A MAXIMUM of 50-people will be admitted for each session. First come, first served.
- Tickets will be handed out to the first 50 people starting one half hour prior to the swim session (11:30a, 2:30p, 5:30p, respectively). Maintain social distancing from other parties while in line, the sidewalk is marked to indicate appropriate spacing.
- All parties must be present to receive a ticket. No place holders. No one is allowed to enter without a ticket.
- Once your party has received your tickets, you may exit the line and return when the gates open.
- If your ticket(s) number is not redeemed 15-minutes after the start of the swim session, your ticket number(s) will be reassigned to the next party waiting in line.
- We reserve the right to skip to the next party of appropriate size to maintain the 50-person maximum.
- Tickets will be accepted out of numbered order once the gates open.
- Once the gates open, Pass Holders with a ticket will enter to the left and have their pass scanned. Ticket holders paying Daily Admission will wait in line for payment at the admissions window.
- At the end of the swim session, guests may return to the line for admission to the next swim session, if tickets are still available. Paid admissions can get a wristband to re-enter for another session on the same day, if space permits.
— INSIDE THE FACILITY —
Limited seating is available on deck. Chairs have been secured at appropriate social distance and cannot be moved. Families may share a chair, but may not extend into the area of the next chair, if it is not occupied by someone in your party. Please be respectful and take only as many chairs as needed.
Covered/shaded areas are available for limited Family Seating. Each party must maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance from all other parties. Outside chairs are permitted in these areas. Please do not extend into the area of the next party.
- Benches are to be used by only one family/party.
- Deck markings are in place to maintain social distancing in line for the slides and diving board, please adhere to all signage and staff instruction.
- At the end of each swim session, everyone must exit the facility at the listed closing time, no exceptions. This will allow for the facility to be cleaned prior to the next swim session.
- Locker Rooms and Family Changing Rooms will close 10 minutes prior to the end of the swim session. Please plan accordingly. An announcement will be made 15 minutes prior to closing as a reminder.
- There is no re-entry permitted once inside the facility for a swim session.
- In the event of inclement weather, the swim session will be cancelled and all guests will exit the facility.
- There will be no waiting in locker rooms. If the weather clears before the next swim session, the facility may re-open and guests will be asked to get back in line for the next session. First come, first served.
- Guests paying daily admission may be granted a pass to return for another swim session if their session is cancelled for weather.
Chippewa Pool is located at 197 N. Eighth Avenue. Map and directions
Des Plaines residents: Adults, $7.50 • Seniors and Youth, $6.50
Non-residents: Adults, $16.50 • Seniors and Youth, $13.50
Children 2 years old and younger: Free
Hours are always dependent on weather and attendance.
Check the DPParks Mobile App, our website, Facebook and Twitter for updates.
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Save all summer with pool pass!
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Questions about the pools or swim lessons?
Contact Matt Hartnett, Aquatics Manager. 847-391-5711. Email.
Chippewa pool has a zero depth entry into the shallow end, where there are geysers, a Fumbling Five, and a tot slide for swimmers under 48″ tall. In the deep end of the leisure pool there is a drop slide for swimmers over 48″ tall and a three meter diving board. On the deck there is a large shade structure and an umbrella. The pool has an ADA lift for those who have trouble entering or leaving the water. Concession are available at the admissions booth. Soda and water, healthy snacks, and ice cream are available for purchase. All food must be enjoyed in the covered picnic area. Free life jackets are available for use, poolside.