Please read these guidelines before you come to the pools so you are well-informed and prepared for enjoying your time.
Outdoor pool and weather updates are posted on the DPParks mobile app.
For Hours and Fees for Chippewa, Iroquois and Mystic Waters, CLICK HERE.
2021 OUTDOOR POOLS
OPEN SWIM GUIDELINE
These guidelines may be updated as deemed necessary by the Des Plaines Park District or other governing agency. All other facility rules apply.
Thank you for helping us make this a safe & fun summer for everyone by adhering to all of these guidelines.
— GENERAL —
- Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask/face covering while waiting in line, entering/exiting the facility and using the locker room/rest rooms. Masks are encouraged while on deck, but are not required while maintaining 6 feet of distance from other parties or while in the water.
- 6 feet of social distance shall be maintained in all areas of the facility, except for members of the same party.
- Wash hands frequently when not using the pool. Especially after using the restroom, coughing, sneezing.
- Do not enter the facility if you or anyone in your party are experiencing symptoms of illness or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
— ADMISSION —
Separate swim sessions will be held each day
See the specifics for post season days, hours and fees HERE
Capacity limits, per Phase 4 Guidelines, are in place for each session. First come, first served.
- Tickets will be handed out to the first group starting one half hour prior to the swim session. Maintain social distancing from other parties while in line, the sidewalk is marked to indicate appropriate spacing.
- All parties must be present to receive a ticket. No place holders. No one is allowed to enter without a ticket.
- Once your party has received your tickets, you may exit the line and return when the gates open.
- If your ticket(s) number is not redeemed 15-minutes after the start of the swim session, your ticket number(s) will be reassigned to the next party waiting in line.
- We reserve the right to skip to the next party of appropriate size to maintain the maximum capacity limit.
- Tickets will be accepted out of numbered order once the gates open.
- Once the gates open, Pass Holders with a ticket will enter to the left and have their pass scanned. Ticket holders paying Daily Admission will wait in line for payment at the admissions window.
- At the end of the swim session, guests may return to the line for admission to the next swim session, if tickets are still available. Paid admissions can get a wristband to re-enter for another session on the same day, if space permits.
— INSIDE THE FACILITY —
Limited seating is available on deck. Chairs have been secured at appropriate social distance and cannot be moved. Families may share a chair, but may not extend into the area of the next chair, if it is not occupied by someone in your party. Please be respectful and take only as many chairs as needed. Outdoor Pool Guidelines–2021
Covered/shaded areas are available for limited Family Seating. Each party must maintain a minimum of 6 feet of distance from all other parties. Outside chairs are permitted in these areas. Please do not extend into the area of the next party.
- Benches are to be used by only one family/party.
- Deck markings are in place to maintain social distancing in line for the slides and diving board, please adhere to all signage and staff instruction.
- At the end of each swim session, everyone must exit the facility at the listed closing time, no exceptions. This will allow for the facility to be cleaned prior to the next swim session.
- Locker Rooms and Family Changing Rooms will close 10 minutes prior to the end of the swim session. Please plan accordingly. An announcement will be made 15 minutes prior to closing as a reminder.
- There is no re-entry permitted once inside the facility for a swim session.
- In the event of inclement weather, the swim session will be cancelled and all guests will exit the facility.
- There will be no waiting in locker rooms. If the weather clears before the next swim session, the facility may re-open and guests will be asked to get back in line for the next session. First come, first served.
Guests paying daily admission may be granted a pass to return for another swim session if their session is cancelled for weather.
Important Information About Weather Related Pool Openings and Closings
• Weather driven changes to the daily opening and closing times for all outdoor pools are always at the discretion of the pool manager.
• A change to the daily opening and/or closing time for any of our outdoor pools is posted on the DPParks mobile app. Download it at www.dpparks.org/mobile-app.
• To help determine changes to outdoor pool lopenings and closings when the weather is cool or inclement, park district and pool staff use local apps including Weather.com, Weather Bug, and Weather Underground.
• For the safety of our guests and staff, we temporarily close an outdoor pool when the ThorGuard Lightening Detection System sounds a warning, or when thunder is heard, or when lightening is spotted. Weather conditions are then reevaluated every 45–60 minutes. We open again as soon as the pool manager determines that it is safe to do so. We do not issue rain checks.
• We typically close an outdoor pool early when there are fewer than 20 swimmers present at Chippewa or Iroquois for an hour, or fewer than 50 swimmers present at Mystic Waters for an hour. We also close when the temperature drops below 70 degrees and is projected to remain below 70 degrees for the rest of the day.
• If the temperature is near 70 degrees at opening time, an outdoor pool opens for one hour so the pool manager can determine attendance and assess the forecast.