Please read these guidelines before you come to the pools so you are well-informed and prepared for enjoying your time.
Outdoor pool and weather updates are posted on the DPParks mobile app under Conditions.
For Hours and Fees for Chippewa, Iroquois and Mystic Waters, CLICK HERE.
2022 OUTDOOR POOLS
OPEN SWIM GUIDELINE
These guidelines may be updated as deemed necessary by the Des Plaines Park District or other governing agency. All other facility rules apply.
Thank you for helping us make this a safe & fun summer for everyone by adhering to all of these guidelines.
— GENERAL —
Important Information About Weather Related Pool Openings and Closings
• Weather driven changes to the daily opening and closing times for all outdoor pools are always at the discretion of the pool manager.
• Check the DPParks app, under Conditions, to see the current open/closed status. Download the app here.
• To help determine changes to outdoor pool openings and closings when the weather is cool or inclement, park district and pool staff use local apps including Weather.com, Weather Bug, and Weather Underground.
• For the safety of our guests and staff, we temporarily close an outdoor pool when the ThorGuard Lightening Detection System sounds a warning, or when thunder is heard, or when lightening is spotted. Weather conditions are then reevaluated every 45–60 minutes. We open again as soon as the pool manager determines that it is safe to do so. We do not issue rain checks.
• We typically close an outdoor pool early when there are fewer than 20 swimmers present at Chippewa or Iroquois for an hour, or fewer than 50 swimmers present at Mystic Waters for an hour. We also close when the temperature drops below 70 degrees and is projected to remain below 70 degrees for the rest of the day.
• If the temperature is near 70 degrees at opening time, an outdoor pool opens for one hour so the pool manager can determine attendance and assess the forecast.