The annual community event!
The 11th annual Spring Fun Fair
is a family-friendly festival of fun!
At Mountain View Adventure Center,
and Prairie Lakes Community Center.
. . . . PLENTY OF FREE PARKING . . . .
Provided by our friends at Juno Lighting, across the street from Mountain View.
Pooch, Pet & Pedal Parade
10:00a The parade steps off around the Mountain View paths. Awards for Best Theme, Best Wheels, Best Helmet, Best Tail Wagger. Sponsored by the City of Des Plaines Special Events Commission.
Touch a Truck
10:00a–1:00p Fire trucks, police cars, big rigs, emergency vehicles… Climb in and make some noise!
Mountain View Adventure Center. Sponsored by the Des Plaines Chamber of Commerce & Industry.
Thanks to these companies for making this such a great event:
Belmont Kolmar Towing Inc.
Des Plaines Fire Department
Des Plaines Police Department
Des Plaines Public Works Department
Des Plaines Park District
LSG Sky Chefs
Maine Township OEM
Schimka Auto Wreckers Inc.
Two Men and a Truck
100 Free Bike Helmets for Kids
10:00a For any child who needs a bicycle helmet. Come early. Sponsored by the Des Plaines Healthy Community Foundation.
Kids 50-Yard Dash
11:00a For ages 4–12, in separate age groups. On the Prairie Lakes Field.
Rock Climbing Wall
10:00a–1:00p on the north end of Prairie Lakes field
Obstacle Course Inflatable
10:00a–1:00p Mountain View Adventure Center
Police K-9 Unit Demonstration
Noon in the Touch a Truck event area in front of Prairie Lakes
• Des Plaines Police, Fire, Public Works, and Emergency Management Departments: Squad Roll, Command Post, Squad Car, ATV, and more.
• Des Plaines Garden Club: Growing a more beautiful Des Plaines since 1931!
• Des Plaines History Center
• Des Plaines Public Library: Sign up for a Library Card, spin the Prize Wheel, and join the Summer Reading Club.
• Golf Center Des Plaines is bringing SNAG Golf, for kids ages 5–8, and a Putting Contest for all ages!
The Spring Fun Fair kicks off with the Pet, Pooch & Pedal Parade!