TIER 1 MITIGATIONS
Posted January 23
We have now moved into Tier 1 Mitigations. Programs, classes and reservations will be changing once again… all for the better!
We’re working to expand the recreation opportunities we can offer under the new guidelines.
· Increased capacity and more reservations for Lap swimming, the wellness pool, the Fitness Center, gym, and indoor track.
· Reservations to use the Splash Pad!
· Pickleball courts will open soon in the Prairie Lakes gym. Stay tuned.
· In-person classes: Fitness, Aqua Exercise, Athletics, Dance… and as many more as we possible can.
Please continue to use the Signup Genius website to reserve lap swim lanes, the wellness pool, Fitness Center, gymnasium, and track.
We’re excited to see you. We know you’re excited to join us! Program registration dates and prices are being updated and will be ready in just a few days. Check our website, social media, and the DPPD App for updates. Our program supervisors will be contacting you via email to provide the specifics for the classes and facilities you’re interested in.
As it becomes available, updated information will be posted on our website pages:
The Des Plaines Park District is committed to providing you and our community with the facilities and programming you have loved for years. Thanks for being a part of the district. We appreciate your support!
Posted December 21
Updated January 11
Due to the overwhelming response for reservations at the Aquatic Center and Fitness Center during the Tier 3 Mitigations, we have changed the schedules to open more times for our members. With slight alterations to the times, and with your help, we can provide an additional 120 reservations each week for the Aquatic Center, and 192 reservations each week for the Fitness Center. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we look forward to providing more recreational opportunities for all of you in 2021.
The reservation schedule for the Health Club at the Leisure Center is not changing.
• Call 847-391-5700, M-F, 8:30a–5:30p to reserve.
Please note two important changes for all reservations:
1) The time between reservations has been reduced from 30 minutes to 15 minutes. We can accomplish the required cleaning in that time.
2) Your 1 hour reservation time must now include the time you need to prepare for swimming or working out, and the time you need to get ready to leave the buildings when you’ve finished your swim or your workout.
We understand that this will reduce your overall time by a few minutes. We hope the benefit to your fellow members outweighs this inconvenience. We’re all looking forward to spring and summer when IDPH guidelines should allow for more people in our facilities.
Aquatic Center and Fitness Center members should reserve their times online. For those who have not used the Signup Genius site before, the process is simple. Details, and a Click Here To Reserve button are on the Aquatic Center website page and the Fitness Center website page. If you have questions, you can always call us: Aquatics, 847-390-4949, and Fitness, 847-391-5711.
• Reservations for January 11–17 and 18–24 are open now.
• Reservations open at 8:30a every Monday for the following week.
• Reservations for January 25–31 will open online at 8:30a Monday, January 18.
• Reservations for February 1–7 will open online at 8:30a Monday, January 25.
In order to accommodate as many members as possible in the new schedule, please note that you will be able to reserve up to four time slots per week. Each member must make their own reservations. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Donald Miletic, CPRP
Des Plaines Park District
About Membership Fee Adjustments
Memberships that were paid in full will have their expiration date extended by the number of days the facility is closed to the public. Memberships paid monthly via EFT will receive a credit/reduction to their monthly billing amount for the number of days closed to the public since the prior month’s billing cycle.
To Our Program Participants
• We continue to monitor the Tier 3 mandates and guidelines, and will post information about the safe reopening of facilities and programs as soon as it is available..
• Up-to-date information will be posted at DPParks.org, on the specific page for a class, program, or facility. Your program supervisor can be reached via their email address listed on the website HERE, and in the Spectrum Program Guide.
• Be assured that refunds and credits will be provided automatically for all days that the facility has been closed.
. . . . . .
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FACILITY RESERVATIONS
Advance reservations are required to use the Leisure Center Health Club, Prairie Lakes Aquatic Center, and the Prairie Lakes Fitness facilities.
• No walk-ins. We recommend making your reservation at least one day before.
• Same-day reservations will be taken if space permits.
• All reservations are for 1 hour, with 15 minutes between each start time.
Make Prairie Lakes Fitness Center, Indoor Track and Gymnasium reservations online HERE.
Monday-Friday, 5:30a-8:00p • Saturday and Sunday, 8:00a-4:00p.
• Fitness Center capacity per reservation time is 16 people during each reservation time
• Indoor Track capacity per reservation time is 15 people during each reservation time
• Gymnasium capacity per reservation time is 12 people during each reservation time
Make Prairie Lakes Aquatic Center reservation online HERE.
Monday-Friday, 5:30-8:00 • Saturday, 8:00a-8:00p and Sunday 5:30a-6:00p.
• Aquatic Center capacity during each reservation time is 8 people in the Lap Pool and 2 people in the Wellness Pool. There will be no open swim, and the Splash Pad will be closed. Aquatic Center Rules are HERE.
For Leisure Center Health Club reservations call 847-391-5700
Monday-Friday, 8:30a-5:00p. After 5:00 and on Saturdays, call: 847-668-6983
• Health Club capacity is 4 people during each reservation time
. . . . . .
GOLF CENTER DES PLAINES
The Driving Range, 9-hole Course, and Short Game Practice Area are all open, with some restrictions. Club Casa Café is open for carry out.
Visit the website.
. . . . . .
Remember to check the park district website for the most complete,
up-to-date information about changes to facility and program schedules.
. . . . . .
ABOUT CANCELLATIONS, EFT PAYMENTS, AND REFUNDS
If you have a question about our policies during Phase 4, please email the program supervisor.
FACILITY RENTALS, MT@DPParks.org
PRESCHOOL and SUMMER CAMPS, Carolanne.Smith@DPParks.org